About Me

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

My Strange Addiction: Pick Up Lines

Hi there and this is another attempt at a funny post! I am going to speak to you about pick up lines! I have recently fallen in love with the cheesy phrases that males often use to ask out girls. I know, I know these are really bad, dumb, and often annoying. But you can’t help but laugh after you hear them. So I have basically become addicted to pick lines! Yes! You heard it right here. I, Morgan, admit I have a problem with pick up lines! (The first step to getting better is admitting you have a problem.)

Just found this! Freaking love it!
Photo Courtesy of Editorial Design Taxi
My fascination with pick up lines all started at my last race of the xc season. My friends and I had just finished our race and were standing next to the course cheer on the varsity girls team. When all the sudden these varsity boys from another team run past us. One of them runs past us and asks us “Are you tired? Because you have been running through my mind all day.” My reaction if course was to choke and say ah. Of course right after my friends and I just started laughing! We all couldn’t stop thinking about this pick up line and it all went down hill from there. The whole bus ride home we were looking up pickup lines online. Some were incredible such as “Are you a parking ticket? Because you have fine written all over you.” Some were really quite bad “Are you a fire alarm? Because you are really loud and annoying.” And some were so inappropriate and gross that I would prefer not to share them.  

One day last week I ended up resorting to pick up lines as a form of comedy. We were performing speeches in Drama and our teacher would tell us to tell jokes while she was finishing grading the previous persons speech. Eventually people ran out of jokes. And me being the super awkward and uncomfortable person I am I got up in front of the class and said “Um I don’t know any jokes but I do know some pick up lines.” Then I preceded to tell the entire class some of my best pick up lines. I started out with the running one and then followed with the classic parking ticket and even added my personal favorite “Your lips look lonely, would they like to meet mine?” I don’t know if it was just me, but I thought I was pretty dang funny and I hope the class did too. 
This one is kinda cheesy ;)
Image Courtesy of Your Tango
So, I decided to take it to the next level. I thought if I was so good at delivering pick up line that maybe I would be amazing at creating them.  I have been trying this for a couple of weeks and I have only come up with a couple. It is a lot harder then I thought it would be and my first was so bad that I’m not even sure if it counts as a pick up line. I was eating an Oreo and I came up with “Let’s make an Oreo. I’ll be the cookie and you’ll be the creme.” Honestly this doesn’t even make sense. This is when I started to notice my problem...I had taken it too far. So I decided to seek help for my problem. (Cue cheesy inspirational music) I am on the right road to curing my addiction of pick up lines. It will be a long hard journey, where I will have to endure lots of pain and tragedy. It will be a time of great hardships and trials. It will be hard, but at least I know I have the support of my family and friends... I...I (sheds tear)...JUST KIDDING! Until next time!

- Morgan <3 :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment